Thursday, March 8, 2018

31 Days of Crafting - Day Eight - Celebrating Women

Today is International Women's Day, and I did choose to make this card to celebrate that, but I want to make a point: I am NOT one of those crazy women in a crass hat displaying private parts that is marching to "get back" the nothing that was taken away from them.  I celebrated this day long before that crap started and I'll still be celebrating it when the Hollywood elite has grown tired of marching for nothing and has moved on.  I celebrate International Women's Day because I'm proud to be a woman.  Okay soapbox moment over!  Onto the art!!

Yesterday you saw my DT post for Creative Moments!  We're celebrating International Women's day with our girly theme this fortnight, so I wanted to make an extra card, especially since I already had this awesome image from one of our sponsors, Scrap N Dipity!

OH and before you look at the card, I have have HAVE to talk about my favorite new mixed media find.  Brea Reese modeling pastes and texture pastes!  This is the gold modeling paste.  See how shiny and SMOOTH it is?  It dries with a glossy smooth finish.  Their texture pastes have a almost pebbled or dotted finish, you'll see that in an upcoming post.  I'm obsessed with these pastes!


Just a few challenges:



Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and great texture----Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x
    Would like to add I completely agree with your soapbox post
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Love all the layers!!!
    Thanks for entering the Crafter's Castle March Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete